18.9.2016

Happiness and basic psycholgy

The week has almost ended and it its time for a new blog post. We finally got our assignment and it is going to be tough one. We are going to film 10 minute video for Mazda. I am not 100% sure what to do, but I´ll ask for teachers later. I already have some ideas what could be done but nothing master plan, yet. Basically we have to make a video about Mazda 2 and the video should help to get new customers for them. Not an easy task to do. I don´t really understand technology in cars but I have some kind of clue how human mind works. After studying 3 years psychology in school I have basic knowing of how decisions are made. The reason why I am interested in human psychology is simple. I want to know how our mind works, and how could I use it for my advantage. The book in the picture gives you simple answers why we make errors in easy tasks. One of my favorite chapters tells why money destroys inner motivation. If you´re interested to read more about behaviour of humans, go to library and loan this or this book. Next book I am going to read tells about why fast decisions are almost always bad decisions. You should NOT trust your intuition. I have seen it already so many times. When you see something on sale, you might buy without realizing that it is more expensive than it is in any other store. "On sale" is usually a trick and it works for people who are too lazy to compare the price. But about that later. I love lecturing about psychology even thought I am not that smart as I think I am, yet;) Dunning-Kruger effect

One of my favorite pocket books at the moment

We had an lecture and exercises about communicating skills. Communicating is more vital than ever before in business world. Internet has brought people closer to each other and communicating is easier day after another. I have nothing to say about that which is weird. I usually have so much to say. Good communication skills are really important in life. You get more friends, more opportunities via friends and co-workers etc. What other benefits are there when you have good communicating skills? It is not a big surprise that people with best communicating skills have most friends. Nobody wants to be friends with people who don´t know how to show sympathy towards others. That is a skill. Knowing how others react to your stories is also skill. That is basic psychology and communicating. 


We all need our friends but not everybody has friends. It is scientifically proven that people with lots of trustworthy friends are more often happy than people with less friends. That means that people with more friends are happier than others! On Friday we saw a video at class where Kyla Mitsunaga told about happiness. Usually we think that success brings happiness, but actually happiness brings success! Did you know that novelty usually disappears after 3 Months? After you got a new car you´re happy for a short period of time. When you´re used to the new car, you´re again unhappy. Happiness comes from inside. Materialism won´t bring happiness.


We all can practice to became happier. When you know what things make yourself happy and what unhappy you´re halfway to became happier than ever before. Then just remove all the things that made yourself unhappy if it is possible. And do things that make yourself happy. I know it is not that easy, and it is not. Sorry:( There are things that make ourselves unhappy. Period. Want to get rid of all the people that don´t think about politics the same way as you? Sorry but that is not going to happen. You just have to live with those people and their idiotic ideas. We all have have different kind of backgrounds and different potential. That is unfair and brutal. Some people don´t have loving parents or enough money to play football. Some people are born without home or possibility to go to school. It should not stop them to reach their full potential. People with bad background have become successful in life with luck and knowing how to use their chances well. I know that I sound really pessimistic right now, but it gets better soon. Most people don´t know themselves really well and that might be reason why they are unhappy. When you know why you think the way you do, you know how to deal with different emotions. What makes me unhappy? When I realize that I am not that good in something that I though I was. That mostly. I want to be the best, always. But that is impossible. I know it, but sometimes I can´t admit it to myself. I have for long time thought that being successful brings me happiness, but it has not been working really well. Now I know why I think that way and how I can avoid that kind of thoughts. There is not a simple solution to accept yourself. But when you learn to listen to your own feelings, you will be happy. Why did I write about this without any clear idea how to end writing? Guess what. This made me happy=) And writing my thoughts and emotions somewhere helps to clear mind of everything that makes me unhappy. Please don´t take my writings too literally. I like to be inconsistent and it makes me happy. Learn about yourself and do things that will make yourself happy for LONG time, not for short times. Don´t buy that funny shirt because it makes you happy for few days. Save that money to buy a puppy that will snuggle with you when you´re unhappy and you will get happy. Or buy funny surprise to your good friend that gives you both memory that lives forever.


Our tired dog, Svante

                      

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti