9.10.2016

Branding myself with a little help of Google

Hello again. I was supposed to write about my week in this post but things got out of control. I have no idea how this happened. I'll write about it soon, but I wanted to share you what I just learnt about SEO. I hope you'll enjoy and find it useful!


By accident I started to read more about search engine optimization also known as SEO. Well it wasn't an accident that I started to do something that I wasn't supposed to do. I already wrote in my last post that I have the concentration of a hamster. Google is the most used search engine and these tips are useful to direct people using google. There are many different ways to help people find your website easier through google. Google "likes" reliable websites and boosts those sites up on it's search site. Some of the tips I find useful are:


1. Put up your own domain. Using blog portal like the one I am using right now will make it hard for people to find your blog or website. Google knows that websites with own domain are usually more likely to be professional ones and more likely less based on opinions. Google also thinks that if you're serious about your website, you'll set up your own domain. Using blogger as my websites won't help me to get as many interesting job opportunities as if I was using my own domain. Some day after this school course I will put up my own website and start to make it an important part of my career. Making yourself visible is kind of a bid deal in business life. And that is my goal.

2. Google doesn't like broken pictures and lies. Grammar mistakes are also a thing that Google doesn't like. My pictures were broken as I already said, but now I have fixed the issue.


3. Using links that are not broken is important. A crucial part is to link to trustworthy websites only. If you link to somebody's website that has really much grammar mistakes, your own rank will also drop significantly. Links are a vital part of the SEO. Government sites are usually really trustworthy and google likes them a lot. If one of the government sites links to your page, Google will send you love letters. Getting linked from famous sites is a good way to get more readers, but also helps to boost your search engine points. The more people click the link that brings to your site, the faster you'll get results on the SERPS (search engine ranking positions).

4. My favorite part. Build up your social media sites. On the right side you can click the Facebook icon. If you click it, my blog and my Facebook will both get SERPS. I don't have Twitter (yet), but if I had Twitter and George Clooney retweets my tweet, my blog would get even more imagination kisses from Google. Consistent and working social network sites will boost website's SERPS if they're linked somehow to each others.

5. Possibly the most important part. The content. If your website doesn't have the useful content that client is looking for, Google won't give you the first place in its search engine. The content must be useful, reliable and relevant. Solve people's problems by writing answers to questions that people are looking for. Use the bird as many times as possible if you want people to find your site with search word "bird".




Of course SEO is not that simple, and there is a whole lot more to do than these 5 steps. These are just the first steps to start with. If there was anything that I couldn't explain, check this site where I learnt most of this. Thank you for reading=)


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti