23.10.2016

School is relaxing, free time is stressful

Hello dear reader. Only a week has gone but something has changed dramatically. My laptop is broken. Not working. Dead. It is my first own laptop and it lasted only three years. Not enough if you ask me. And as a student I don't have that much money just hanging on my bank account that I could just walk to Gigantti and buy a new one. This week included also some good news. We gave our Minecraft Vantaa presentations and we visited Finnish company called Vainu. We also got a new task from Suomen Suoramainonta. Studying makes me happy, but there are always some misfortunes involved.




The biggest thing that happened was our Minecraft presentations. We (and every group) had major problems with getting the game to work properly and we decided to go for a plan B. Which we didn't have. We had some ideas what we could do, but without a game video it wouldn't be that easy to get people to understand our ideas. Luckily my new team is awesome! I always have opinion on everything, but now other team members had so good ideas, that I almost didn't need to share my own ones. Okay I did something too, but for me it was great to be part of group that was willing to share the ideas and not fear the critic. One bad idea doesn't mean that the whole person is a bad worker. I come up with bad ideas all the time, and I still think that I am a mastermind. (That doesn't mean that I would be).


Presentation is a good reason to wear a tie at school
























Anyway, we presented our ideas the old fashioned way, via PowerPoint. Classic move and very well executed. Like I said before, we came up with really good ideas. We actually had so many ideas, that we even left some of them behind, just because we wouldn't have time to tell about everything. The representer of Vantaa liked our ideas, and I was really happy with our performance. I like how we get compliments after presentations, but at least I'd like to hear criticism also. Was there something that could have been done better? I don't know. That's the reason I want to hear that constructive criticism so badly all the time.





On Monday we visited the Finnish company Vainu which was fun. They gave us a good presentation about their firm, but I have huge holes in my memory about the visit. For some reason I was really tired the whole day, that I almost fell asleep. I feel so embarrassed to admit this, but it is the truth. The presentation was wonderful and I even learnt some new things about blogging. I am not sure if I don't sleep enough but I have to do something about this tiredness. Maybe I am exhausted because of the stress? I am bad at taking things easily. It is something to work on. But the thing I learnt about blogging. It is the same thing as in search engine optimization. Google likes your blog if it solves problems that people are searching the answers for. Same with any other websites. The information should be useful. Google and also people like to get useful information from your websites. 




We got new task from Suomen Suoramainonta, but there is not that much to tell about it. I have some ideas already (are you surprised?), but there are some things that we need answers to. I don't feel comfortable trying to help a company make money if they pay just above 6 euro per hour to anyone, which actually might be illegal. Especially to somebody who doesn't have any idea what the laws are and rules of working. The target group for their employees are teenagers aged 13 to 16 years. I hope that I am wrong and it is just a misunderstanding. Not everyday I can say that I really hope that I am wrong.


I have a story to share about how young people are treated as workers in terms of payment. Last year I was coaching junior sport team which was fun. I am not telling any details about the team, unless nothing changes very soon. I was promised a payment for my coaching and I was really skeptical because I couldn't get a possibility to get any agreement on paper. It just wasn't possible at that moment and I cannot share you the reason why. I am sorry about that. I was promised the money and I was content. Coaching is also a hobby, but it really takes a lot time to plan practices and even more time is spent during the practices. I even have a solid background and I try to get better and better. If you ask me, I am a good junior coach. Anyway, I haven't got any money yet, and the season ended in April. Guess who is trying to figure out how to buy a new computer? Not funny at all. And to be honest. This is not the first time! I am really sad about how me and other junior coaches are treated in my sport. I only wanted to help kids to have fun and this is what I get. Luckily I am a member of Tradenomiliitto and I have a lawyer who helped me before. And because of the internet, this story will be told. And I promise you all, I am not as gentle towards adults who take advantage of others as I am towards the players I coach. And I am a damn strict coach.




After all I hope you are as well rested as Svante is at the moment when I am writing. I have planned to publish a post about marketing I have been writing for few weeks already. I have thought about the topic a lot and watched lots of videos to understand different point of views. I am going to publish it soon, but first I have to get my money for the new laptop. I guess I should call my sponsor and ask how she is doing. "Ring ring.. hi mom!"


zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti