1.11.2016

Group works are the best thing to do with or without a laptop

Hello again. I was so busy last week that I wasn't able to write my blog post on time. I am fine with a busy lifestyle because I get bored really quickly if I have nothing important or interesting to do. On Monday and on Thursday we had lectures where we discussed the laws of marketing and contracts. I found the topics really fascinating. Our teacher Marjaana Marmo is a really good lecturer and I find myself sucking the information like a sponge. Besides our lectures we had to solve a few tasks concerning the laws of contracts. We also planned our SSM-project with the group and I had few meetings with the SAE-group. One could say that I had a lot to do. And all this without a working computer (which broke by itself a week ago).



On Monday we had a lecture about the laws of contracts. I learnt a lot during the day. I didn't know that you don't actually have to write any names in the paper to have a contract. Only in seven occasions the agreement has to be written on paper. Marriage is one of those, but I am not getting married yet so I don't even have to think about it. Most of the times the terms of the contracts should be written on paper just to make sure that both sides of the agreement fully understand what they have agreed to. In my last blog post I told you about the issue that I have not gotten any money from my coaching. The reason why I can't do much about it is that I didn't write any names on the paper. We had not agreed on almost anything. Not even the salary! I did not represent myself. I had somebody who I can trust to do that for me, and that person has a lot to do now to solve this problem. I knew before I started working that I should get to see the terms of the contract before I do anything, but the person who was representing me didn't do anything for it. I trusted that person, and now I have no money. I wish I wouldn't have been so naive.



On Tuesday I came to school to work on our SAE-project. We came up with really good ideas, again! I can't tell you how much I really enjoy working with the people who are in the project with me. We planned social media marketing and improved our reports.

On Wednesday I had again a meeting with my SAE-group. The day was really long, and I couldn't help my digital business team with the tasks we got from Marmo. I am happy that I am able to do many projects at the same time without anyone getting angry with me. I helped them a little bit after I got home from the SAE-meeting, but they did their job pretty well without me. Lucky me! I was really tired after the long day, and the rest of the week wasn't any easier.


I was so tired when I woke up for school on Thursday, that I felt I needed to stay in bed for the day. But because I had a lecture, I wanted to go to school. I am glad that I did that. Marmo checked our answers for the task and we got a possibility to ask more about the laws of contracts. I didn't read the laws of contracts but other students said that it was difficult. To me it was really fun to listen to Marmo lecturing about the laws of contracts. Reading might be a totally different thing, but maybe Marmo is really good at explaining the laws, or I am just quick at learning (propably not). Anyway, the day was fun and I even heard from Mikko that verkkokauppa.com offers three years of guarantee to all of their laptops. I didn't know that before he said it. Now that is a great way to get customers interested. I wouldn't buy a computer that has a guarantee for two years, if there is a computer that has a guarantee for three years. That is a huge difference. Well done by verkkokauppa.com. I like the idea of competing not only with the price, but also with other variables like in this scenario, with guarantee. Somebody just broke his computer and is keen to find a new one as soon as possible.




On Friday I met with Digicrew and we planned our SSM-presentation. We had so much fun that I wouldn't even believe that working could be so pleasant. We had some troubles trying to find solutions for getting the employees to stay longer at the jobs, but we got some ideas that might work. This task is the most difficult so far in my opinion, and I really hope that we can present our ideas so well that everybody understands what we mean. I don't find it difficult to come up with good ideas, but the tricky part is to explain them to the audience so that they understand it completely. It would be a shame to have a idea that might make you a millionaire, but you wouldn't be able to tell about it so clearly that others get the point. The audience is never stupid, the representer however can be unclear. I have a bad habit to underestimate my audience and I keep repeating myself. I find this trait very unpleasant. I recognize the problem, but it takes time to fix it.


On Saturday I had no immediate need to do anything at all, so I played FIFA for the whole morning when Miia was working. I gave myself a possibility to relax a little bit for a day. The problem with playing is that I love to play video games, but I get stressed out if I play them for too long period of time. It is not just having fun. Winning is fun, and it might not only drain all my energy but it also makes me grumpy. I am happy that I have had a busy week and intellectual projects to do, but it is tiring. Playing video games with friends is really fun, but playing a bit more competitively is also difficult for the mind. When Miia came back home, I was tired and stressed out already. Not a good way to rest, one could say. I can't disagree. Luckily working out is a way that never leaves me stressed out.  We went to the gym and I decided to write this blog post on Sunday after I did my SAE-project's task. But guess who forgot that his girlfriend might also need her computer.


Just a regular Sunday for me. Gym, Ice Hockey, and too much school works to be done. Without a computer. And I still was really tired after the week. I tried to figure out which laptop would suit me the best. I asked for some tips from two of my friends. One friend said that build a PC and buy a bad laptop with few hundred euro. My other friend who is a wizard with computers said that buy a good laptop that will be good even after a few years. I don't have any strict budget, but I am not willing to pay over 1000 euro for one computer that might be broken after two years. This friend of mine told me to buy Thinkpad. They are build to last for a longer period of time than its competitors and that suits me very well! I am willing to pay 800 euro for a computer that lasts for a few years longer than a computer that lasts only two years. I want to think of myself as a company. Would I buy something for my company that is cheap but won't last for very long time, or would I rather pay more to get something that lasts for a longer period of time. It depends. If it is just candy, why buy more if you don't need that much? But if it is something useful, why not pay for premium. Pay for quality and for the need. Do I need a Thinkpad that costs 800 euro? I don't know. But I know that I am not paying 600 euro for something that won't last more than two or three years.



Evaluating decisions is challenging and taxing. What shoes should I buy? Do these look nice? Is this brand reliable? Is it worth the price? Am I really sure about this? I asked myself these questions many times before I bought my new shoes. I knew that I needed new shoes. I knew it already when I checked for my winter clothes during the summer. I know that I don't have that much money to just buy something I want. I had to research my need, and the shoes that were best for me. I knew that I needed shoes that are elegant enough to wear at a job interview or when I am presenting in front of the whole class. I want to show that I am professional and that I respect my audience by dressing well. I also knew that I wanted shoes that last longer than a year or two. They also needed to be very versatile. Most important thing is of course the quality-price ratio.

I red many blogs and reviews about winter shoes. I even realized how important it was to me to find reviews done by other customers. I found my shoes in few months, which is really fast for me. But I couldn't buy them right away. "Am I really sure about this?" I asked myself many times. And now I can say, that yes I am. I ordered the shoes and I was really excited. I felt so impulsive ordering shoes after midnight. After three months of waiting I made this impulsive decision. Shortly after the order Pediwear emailed me and told that the shoes were out of stock. They said that it would take six to eight weeks to get them. What? Really? That long??! I already waited for that long when I was evaluating different kind of shoe brands and reviews. I cancelled the order and made a new order from another website. Déjà-vu. Out of stock. But this time this other company A. Farley Country Attire told me that it would take only a week to refill their stock. And now I am waiting. I hope that in next post I can show the shoes when I am wearing them.

Loake Pimlico


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti